This Ground Beef and Sweet Potato Taco Skillet recipe is quick and easy to make, with plenty of delicious flavors the whole family will enjoy. This versatile recipe can be served on tortillas or rice if desired. You will want to give this recipe a try!
- 1 lb. Oostema Farmstead Wagyu ground beef
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 1/4 sweet yellow onion, diced
- 10 oz. diced tomatoes & green chilis
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced (optional)
- 1 c. fire-roasted corn (frozen works great & easy!)
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1½ tsp. Cumin
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ – 1 c. water
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and add sweet potatoes cooking for 10 minutes.
- While the potatoes cook, add all the seasonings (chili powder through cornstarch) into a small bowl.
- Add the onion and bell pepper, cooking until translucent. Then add ground beef, breaking it into chunks, and cook until there is no pink.
- Drain excess fat.
- Add in the seasoning mixture, diced tomatoes, and fire-roasted corn.
- Add water a little at a time for desired consistency and simmer the mixture over low-medium heat until the sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with guacamole, cheese, cilantro, and lime wedges. Serve over rice if desired. Enjoy!
From our house to yours, “eet smakelijk” is Dutch for “enjoying your meal.”
Glen and Lisa