Did you know tequila isn’t just for making top-shelf margaritas, but you can also use it to marinade beef? And it’s delicious. With just a few simple ingredients, you can take your next taco night and turn it into the ultimate crowd-pleaser. Not only will this recipe tenderize our Oostema Farmstead Flank Steak to perfection, but it will also leave your taste buds returning for more.
TEQUILA LIME MARINADE
- 1/2 cup of Tequila Blanco
- 1/2 cup of lime juice (fresh squeezed)
- zest from 2 limes
- 6 large cloves of garlic (Minced)
- salt and pepper to taste
ROASTED SALSA VERDE
- 4-5 medium tomatillos
- 1 small onion (peeled and halved)
- 1-2 large cloves of garlic (unpeeled)
- 1 jalapeño
- 2 tablespoons of Cilantro
- salt to taste
- 2lbs Oostema Wagyu Flank Steak
- Corn Tortillas
- Sliced Avocado
- Thinly Sliced Radishes
- Mix ingredients together and pour over flank steak. Marinate in the fridge for 2 hours. Pull out of the fridge 30 minutes before cooking.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place all the ingredients (except salt and cilantro) on the sheet. Place under the broiler for 3-5 minutes (flipping over once, depending on how quickly the vegetables are charring on both sides).
- Remove pan from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. In a food processor or blender, pulse all the charred vegetables (adding salt and cilantro until desired consistency).
- Cook marinated steak over charcoal for 8-10 minutes (flipping every 2 minutes) or until it hits desired temp.
- Let rest for 10 minutes after cooking.
- Cut and serve immediately over freshly charred corn tortillas.
Ready to try this Flank Steak? Head over to our store.
From our house to yours, “eet smakelijk” it is Dutch for “enjoying your meal”.
Glen and Lisa