1 lb. Oostema Farmstead Ribeye
2 tsp. salt
Sea salt, for finishing
- Remove the steak from the packaging and allow it to come to room temperature 30 minutes prior to cooking. This will also give you a few minutes to marvel over the marbling. The fat cap of these Wagyu steaks is absolutely stunning.
- Preheat an oven-safe skillet over high heat. Also, preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper. Do not get fancy and add additional seasonings!
- Sear each side of the steak for 90 seconds. After both sides are seared, sear the fatty edge of the steak. When cooking the steak, you will notice how much fat renders out of the meat. This is why butter and oil are not needed. After flipping the steak the first time, use the fat to baste.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and cook for 4 ½ minutes for rare or 6 minutes for medium-rare. These are the only steaks I eat rare.
- Remove the steak and allow it to rest for 5 minutes. Slice and top with flaky sea salt.
Serve with bread, butter and a nice wine. Enjoy!
For more products head over to our online store.